AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY, MEXICO CITY
Corporate Services Consultant
About the position
The Corporate Services Adviser will provide onsite corporate assistance to Austrade’s Mexico City Post located in the Australian Embassy. This flexible part-time position will also work as part of a team under the direction of the region’s Corporate Services Manager and assist them to drive the delivery of integrated and client focused corporate support across the region.
Reporting to the Americas Corporate Services Manager based in New York City, the Corporate Services Adviser will:
- deliver a suite of corporate support services to ensure efficient and effective Post operations
- assist in monitoring compliance with corporate policies, procedures and standards, and drive consistent application across the region
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Support the Trade Commissioner to effectively deliver the region’s business plan initiatives by:
- providing administrative support including undertaking day-to-day tasks such as: • finance administration activities including procurement and the preparation and processing of payroll
- generate reports to monitor performance against the Post budget and an industry sector budget
- onsite human resource assistance (e.g. recruitment and training logistics; local leave and allowances management; personnel records and work health and safety co-ordination)
- onsite information technology support
- facilities management and office support
- residential property administration and maintenance coordination
- asset management (including motor vehicles), and
- security administration support
- supporting Australian based staff and their families as they transition to and from Post
- assisting with the development and maintenance of Business Continuity Plans
- assisting with office and residential leasing and fit-out, when required
co-operatively work as part of the region’s corporate support team to deliver efficient and effective services
ensuring consistent compliance with Austrade policies and procedures, Delegations, the Public Service Act (Australian), and local labour laws within the region
working with the Corporate Services Manager to identify risks and assist with the implementation of mitigating strategies
working in partnership with the broader Corporate Services Group to assist with the delivery of consistent, efficient and effective global approach to corporate support services
establishing and fostering effective internal and external working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and clients, including the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT), attached agencies at Post, banks, government employment agencies etc
contributing to knowledge creation within Austrade by adopting information practices, sharing knowledge and information, and by embracing best practice and development opportunities
working collaboratively within the Austrade network to contribute to service delivery and achieving desired outcomes, while upholding the Australian Public Service Values and Code of Conduct and Work Health and Safety (WHS) principles
- Demonstrated working knowledge of contemporary corporate service management practices including experience with computer-based packages
- Well-developed time management skills and proven experience of working independently and in a culturally diverse team
- A good communicator who is able to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Initiative and sound judgement with the ability to prioritise work under limited supervision and solve problems
- Customer service orientated with the willingness and ability to work as part of a team in delivering services
- Strong skills in using digital tools
Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish and an understanding of local culture and work practices
Experience in one or more of the following areas would be highly desirable:
- Human Resource management
- Financial management
- Facilities and property management
The selected candidate will be required to work 18 hours 45 minutes/week.
The total cash salary will be $308,624 MXN/year.
For more detailed information please view the Information Pack.
Given the nature of what we do, we thrive when our teams are made up of people from different backgrounds, cultures, religions, genders, education, training, interests and skills. We offer equal employment opportunity conditions, training opportunities and performance-based incentives.
Only candidates who complete their application in Austrade’s online recruitment system will be considered. Emailed applications can not be accepted.
Applications close at Wednesday, 3 June 2020 at 11:30pm (Local Time).
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We endeavour to respond to applicants of interest within a period of three weeks from the application closing date. If you are not requested to attend an interview, please assume that your application has not been successful.
How to apply:
To start your application, plese click here and follow the instructions.