AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY, MEXICO CITY
Senior Research and Media Manager
The Australian Embassy in Mexico City requires a bilingual (spoken-written) Senior Research and Media Manager for a full-time position under the direction of the Second/Third Secretary (Political). This position undertakes timely and quality research for the use of A-based officers in the Embassy’s Political and Economic section, drafts cables on political and economic issues, effectively manages the Embassy’s Public Diplomacy program and social media activities and media engagement management during ministerial visits.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- High level research and reporting, including drafting cables on political and economic issues under supervision of relevant A-based officers
- Provide responses to Public Diplomacy related correspondence, including drafting Ambassadorial letters
- Manage post’s PD program and forward calendar of events under supervision of the Second Secretary
- Undertake representational duties as required
- Mentor junior staff as required
- Undertake translation of official documents and correspondence
- Oversee implementation of the Embassy’s social media strategy under supervision of Second Secretary
- Develop and implement a Post-specific alumni engagement strategy
- Build and maintain constructive relations with key local media contacts, government officials, cultural institutions and festival organisers
- Facilitate International Media Visits and other visits programs, providing recommendations, reports and maintaining contact with participants
- Manage media engagement for ministerial visits
- Other related duties as required.
- High quality research skills on local political and economic issues
- Experience in media management, preferably within the Government/Diplomatic sphere
- Fluency in English and Spanish both written and spoken including translation and interpretation experience
- Experience in Public Diplomacy activity management with an ability to liaise with relevant Government, industry or other stakeholders
- Social media management experience including Facebook and Twitter
- University degree in Law, Political Science, International Relations or related discipline an advantage.
The selected candidate will be required to work from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and be available for occasional overtime as required.
At commencement, monthly salary will be MXN $ 35,816.00 per month plus benefits according to the Locally-Engaged Staff Terms and Conditions of Employment of the Embassy which includes four weeks annual leave and private medical insurance.
Expected commencement date for the position will be Tuesday 23 May 2017
If you fulfil the requirements of this position, you are invited to submit a written application in English (maximum one page) outlining why you are interested in the position, why you are perfect for the role and demonstrating that you meet the requirements listed in the selection criteria above. You should also attach a concise Curriculum Vitae in English detailing your work experience (maximum five pages). Please include recent written references you have, along with the details of up to three business referees and up to three personal referees who can be contacted by telephone and email.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should only be sent in an electronic format with all attachments included not exceeding 4 MB.
- Only applications that fully meet the above selection criteria will be considered.
- Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to undertake further screening in the form of small tests.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education degree.
- Applicants will also need to consent to access to their police records.
- Foreign citizens wishing to apply will need to demonstrate that they have an appropriate Mexican work visa or work permit arrangements.
Applications will be received until 5:00 p.m. Tuesday 2 May 2017 (Mexico City time)