AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY, MEXICO CITY
Program Assistant LE 4 (MX019)
About the position
The Australian Embassy in Mexico City requires a bilingual Program Assistant for a full-time position that implements organisational, operational support and administrative tasks under the direction of the Program Manager.. Among other responsibilities, the Program Assistant position will produce written translations (English-Spanish and vice versa) to a high standard, and prepare correspondence and reports on legal and law enforcement matters. The Program Assistant routinely manages operational support activities across a number of different fields.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Research, collate and draft written communication, including legal and law enforcement information with relevant agencies.
- Manage operational support requests for technical investigative assistance.
- Manage, draft and respond to external correspondence and communications
- Provide general office support and administration including travel arrangements, meetings, appointments and arrangement of hospitality events
- Establish and maintain a strong network with executive members of Mexican Govenrment agencies and other agencies and Governments in the region.
- Translate reports and correspondence and provide language support at meetings to a high standard.
- Assist the Embassy Property Manager conduct stock takes and maintain asset registers
- Assist with general office work (such as photocopying, scanning, and filing) as required.
- High level of proficiency (oral and written, in English and Spanish)
- Sound administrative skills, including efficient time management, negotiation and organisational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Previous experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities to meet tight deadlines
- High level of integrity and ethical conduct
- Strong capacity to exercise discretion and judgement.
The selected candidate will be required to work from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and be available for occasional overtime as required.
At commencement, monthly salary will be MXN $ 22,018.52 Mexican pesos per month plus benefits according to the Locally-Engaged Staff Terms and Conditions of Service of the Embassy, which includes four weeks annual leave and a medical coverage scheme.
Expected commencement date for the position will be Monday 4 December 2017
If you fulfil the requirements of this position, you are invited to submit a written application of no more than 2 pages and a separate ciriculum vitae (CV), both in English, detailing your work experience and demonstrating that you meet the requirements listed above in the selection criteria. Your application must clearly explain the reasons why you are suitable for the position. Please include recent written references you have along with the details of up to three business referees who can be contacted by telephone and electronic mail.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should only be sent in an electronic format with all attachments included not exceeding 4 MB.
- Only applications that fully meet the above selection criteria will be considered.
- Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to undertake further screening in the form of small tests.
- Applicants will also need to consent to access police records.
- Foreign citizens wishing to apply will need to demonstrate that they have an appropriate Mexican work visa or work permit arrangements.
Applications will be received until 5:00 pm on Monday 6 November 2017 (Mexico City time)