AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY, MEXICO CITY
Administrative Assistant (LE2-MX003)
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The Australian Embassy in Mexico City requires a bilingual Administrative Assistant for a full-time position under the direction of the Property and ICT Manager. Among other responsibilities the Administrative Assistant position will perform routine administrative tasks, small repair works to plant and equipment when necessary, and provide back-up driving duties as required.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with administrative tasks including those related to support for Accounts processing, Customs clearances for A-based officers, etc.
- Assist in the procurement processes for the Embassy in accordance with legislation and guidelines, including the preparation of documentation and sourcing quotes as required.
- Undertake back up receptionist duties when required, including updating directories and official guides.
- Assist with the supervision of works and projects held at the Chancery, Official Residence and A-based residences when necessary.
- Assist with minor repair works to plant and equipment when necessary.
- Assist with delivery duties such as official invitations, TPNs, administrative letters, banking, deliveries for Consular section, and preparation and receipt of diplomatic bags.
- Assist Property Manager to conduct stock takes and maintain asset registers.
- Assist with general office work (such as photocopying, scanning, and filing) as required.
- As required, drive Embassy staff safely for official purposes, ensuring the proper use of official vehicles in accordance with Embassy protocols, and that WHS requirements are met.
- Sound administrative skills, including efficient time management, negotiation and organisational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Previous experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications. Experience with finance software such as SAP an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake new tasks quickly, to adapt to different work environments and to respond effectively to challenges.
- Ability to analyse issues and provide appropriate solutions or recommendations to enquiries.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
- Proficient driving skills, including knowledge of local transit guidelines and regulations.
- High level of integrity and ethical conduct.
The selected candidates will be required to work from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and be available for occasional overtime as required.
At commencement, monthly salary will be MXN $ 14,807.56 Pesos per month plus benefits according to the Locally-Engaged Staff Terms and Conditions of Service of the Embassy which includes four weeks annual leave and a medical coverage scheme.
Expected commencement date for the position will be Monday 13 November 2017
If you fulfil the requirements of this position, you are invited to submit a written application in English detailing your work experience and demonstrating that you meet the requirements listed above in the selection criteria. Your application must clearly explain the reasons why you are suitable for the position. Please include recent written references you have along with the details of up to three business referees and up to three personal referees who can be contacted by telephone.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. Applications should only be sent in an electronic format with all attachments included not exceeding 4 MB.
- Only applications that fully meet the above selection criteria will be considered.
- Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to undertake further screening in the form of small tests.
- Applicants will also need to consent to access to police records.
- Foreign citizens wishing to apply will need to demonstrate that they have an appropriate Mexican work visa or work permit arrangements.
Applications will be received until 4:00 pm on Thursday 21 September 2017 (Mexico City time)