AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY, MEXICO CITY
Receptionist/Admin/Consular & Passports Assistant
The Australian Embassy in Mexico City requires a bilingual (spoken) Receptionist/Admin/Consular & Passports Assistant for a full-time position under the direction of the Financial Manager. The position is responsible for front-desk client services via telephone and face to face communications and must provide a positive first impression of the Embassy and the Australian Government. The Receptionist/Administration/Consular & Passport position provides assistance to Australian citizen with Australian travel documents as required. The position is also responsible for a variety of financial and administrative support duties including accounts payable for Direct Aid Projects.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake reception and switchboard duties, receive visitors to the Embassy, manage correspondence and respond to routine enquiries.
- Organise Public Governance, Performance and Accountability payments and prepare Public Governance Performance Accountability forms.
- Manage the Remittance Register and deliver monies to the Cashier or sub-Cashier in a prompt manner.
- Create and maintain the reception duty relief roster and train relevant staff in reception duties.
- Provide administrative support to direct aid projects and/or perform other routine tasks as required.
- Assist with high level visits, official events and administrative tasks as required.
- Provide consular and passport services to clients and respond to enquiries (general information, consular and passport) by telephone, in person and email, in both English and Spanish.
- Under the direction of Consul and Consular and Passport Officers, interview passport applicants, scan passport applications and supporting documentation as per passport guidelines, explain to Australian citizens requirements for full validity or emergency passports and assist in the production of emergency passports.
- Manage the receipt of passports from the Regional Production Centre, recording details in the appropriate log book, make status changes in passport support systems and dispatch passports to clients.
- Perform duties of passports backup - sub-collector as required.
- Receipt payments and handover deposits to the Cashier in accordance with the Finance Management Manual.
- Receive and account for all monies pertaining to passport applications, balancing cash register and credit card terminal on a daily basis.
- Maintain stock levels of all passport related materials including application forms, travel documents and laminates.
- Assist the Consular and Passport Officers to maintain the online register of Australian citizens in the Consular Information System database.
- Excellent client service skills, including the ability to deal with sensitivity with complex queries.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels both orally and in writing within the workplace and with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake new tasks quickly, to adapt to different work environments and to respond effectively to challenges.
- Ability to analyse issues and provide appropriate solutions or recommendations to enquiries.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
- Ability to liaise with the proper authorities to provide appropriate information and solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications and experience, with finance package software such as SAP an advantage.
- Strong administration skills, highly effective time management, negotiation and organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, both written and spoken.
- Experience in consular and passport work an advantage.
- Understanding of Australia’s Passports / Consular Services and Privacy Act.
The selected candidates will be required to work from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and be available for occasional overtime as required.
At commencement, monthly salary will be MXN $ 17,908 per month plus benefits according to the Locally-Engaged Staff Conditions of Service of the Embassy which includes four weeks annual leave and a medical coverage scheme.
Expected commencement date for the position will be Monday 2 May 2017
If you fulfil the requirements of these positions, you are invited to submit a written application in English detailing your work experience and demonstrating that you meet the requirements listed above in the selection criteria. Your application must clearly explain the reasons why you are suitable for the position. Please include recent written references you have along with the details of up to 3 business referees and up to 3 personal referees who can be contacted by telephone.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com Applications should only be sent in an electronic format with all attachments included not exceeding 4 MB.
- Only applications that fully meet the above selection criteria will be considered.
- Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to undertake further screening in the form of small tests.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of the completion of their education degree.
- Applicants will also need to consent to access to police records.
- Foreign citizens wishing to apply will need to demonstrate that they have an appropriate Mexican work visa or work permit arrangements.
Applications will be received until 16.00 hrs. Wednesday 29 March 2017 (Mexico City time)