AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY, MEXICO CITY
Office Manager LE 5 (MX020)
About the position
The Australian Embassy in Mexico City requires a bilingual Office Manager for a full-time position that under general direction, undertakes a range of activities to progress program objectives and facilitate the flow of work at the post. The position manages the organisational, operational and administrative tasks of the office including managing and allocating work priorities of a small team.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Management of administrative functions of the Office and ensuring the delivery of support services meets the operational and organisational requirements including preparation of the business continuity plan.
- Provide coordination and logistical support for support teams.
- Provide intelligence support by researching, collating and drafting of reports, briefs and responses to correspondence and enquires.
- Monitor, analyse and report on developments in the local security environment.
- Establish and maintain a network of contact with law enforcement agencies in Mexico and other Latin American countries.
- Coordinate and manage administrative and logistical arrangements of official visit programs for the Program Manager and law enforcement representatives.
- Identifies training and operational equipment requirements, assist Embassy staff with procurement of equipment and supports in-country training programs.
- Applicants must have a current Australian Government security clearance to be eligible for employment.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years law enforcement experience.
- High level of proficiency (oral and written, in English and Spanish).
- Strong liaison, representational and interpersonal skills, including an ability to liaise at a high level with senior representatives.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of the role and function of an Australian Government, its systems and processes and the operation of its International Network.
- Demonstrated experience in office management - including financial management, administration, corporate governance and ICT.
- Proven highly-developed information management skills with excellent knowledge of the internet and computer skills in Microsoft Office software and ICT programs.
- Proven ability to contribute effectively as a member of a small team, to work with minimum supervision and maintain confidentiality.
The selected candidate will be required to work from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and be available for occasional overtime as required.
At commencement, monthly salary will be MXN $24,954.37 Mexican pesos per month plus benefits according to the Locally-Engaged Staff Terms and Conditions of Service of the Embassy, which includes four weeks annual leave and a medical coverage scheme.
Expected commencement date for the position will be Monday 22 January 2018
If you fulfil the requirements of this position, you are invited to submit a written application of no more than 2 pages and a separate curriculum vitae (CV), both in English, detailing your work experience and demonstrating that you meet the requirements listed above in the selection criteria. Your application must clearly explain the reasons why you are suitable for the position. Please include recent written references you have along with the details of up to three business referees who can be contacted by telephone and electronic mail.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should only be sent in an electronic format with all attachments included not exceeding 4 MB.
- Only applications that fully meet the above selection criteria will be considered.
- Candidates who are selected for interview will be required to undertake further screening in the form of small tests.
- Foreign citizens wishing to apply will need to demonstrate that they have an appropriate Mexican work visa or work permit arrangements.
Applications will be received until 5:00 pm on Monday 18 December 2017
(Mexico City time)